Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Baptism!

Dear Everyone,

Wow. This week has been quite a tough one. I’m not discouraged or upset about that. It’s just been hard! I’ve struggled a lot this week. Lot’s of things didn’t work out, we had some rough lessons, and some non-productive evenings.. It’s been hard getting my footing. But, it’s really been worth it! I have learned quite a lot this week.

Monday was pretty good. Not too stressful. Haha. I am the ward organist (again..) and so I messed around on the organ. It is a proper organ with peddles and everything. So I needed to figure out all the stops and stuff. Will somebody please thank Linda Hellewell a million times for teaching me organ. It has been one of THE biggest blessings. It helps me gain a stronger relationship with members and it is just wonderful.

Tuesday was fantastic! We had interviews and specialized training at Rochdale! I LOVE President Preston so much! He said some really nice things to me and really helped motivate me to do my best. I love him a lot.

That night we saw Paul and Chrissy! I LOVE THEM. They are wonderful. We got to catch up life and I know that I am meant to teach them the gospel. I hope that I can teach to their needs. I want nothing more than for them to be sealed as a family together forever. They are so lovely. I think about them all the time and what I can be doing to help.. now I just have to DO it.

Wednesday was our most busy day. We contacted a referral, had tea made for us by a woman from Sri Lanka (super super super super spicy..). Then we went to contact to potential investigators. One wasn’t even home… the other was.. well let’s just say it wasn’t a pleasant experience. J

Thursday we had tea at a members home and it was just delicious! I love love members! They are wonderful. We also went to Heaton Park. That was beautiful. Unfortunately know one wanted to talk to us…

Friday was the best day!! WE had tea at the Keifers and then I cleaned during language study (because E. Suriyachan works out of a book sometimes.) Then the Hewitsons picked us up for Karen’s Baptism! It was amazing!! I had the privilege of baptizing her. It was such an amazing experience that words can’t describe. Hopefully her husband and Chris will be getting baptized in 2 weeks! I love Burnley and miss it there so much.. I am just so happy that Karen AND Lee are both working towards returning to live with our Heavenly Father again. I have seen them go through so much and change so much. It’s amazing.

Saturday was rough.. opposition in all things right? Well on Friday night I didn’t fall asleep until like 12:30 because we had a sleep over in Burnley. Elder Roberts and I talked forever. I love him so much! He is such a good missionary. I miss him. It was nice to be with him for a bit again. On Saturday morning Brother and Sister Hewitson drove us home. They are so sweet. They go out of their way to help those in need. I was feeling pretty poorly and they bought me some medicine and loads of orange juice! They also gave us rice and noodles.. which we have needed. They are so comforting and I just hope to be in contact with them forever! Hopefully I can help them as much as they have helped me!

Sunday we had tea at a woman’s home. She was from Nigeria and has been a member for a long time! Her kids were there (they are a lot older) and they were so fun! We had a good time and established a good relationship with them. It was fun.

Now it’s Monday and here I am. I love you all so much! I know that Heavenly Father loves us and that He does hear our prayers. I know that when the storms threaten us and the wind blows and everything seems dark and scary if we make the gospel the center of our lives we can be a rock that will never be shaken!

Love,
Elder Humpherys
 Karen, Me and Lee

 Elder Roberts, Karen, Me and Lee




No comments:

Post a Comment