Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Next 24 hours is going to be the best day of my life October 27, 2014

Today has been the best P-day of my mission! We have been having loads of fun. It's been such a miracle serving here in good old oldham!! We had a meeting with our bishop yesterday and he gave us a list of names of recent converts and returning less active members he wants us to re-teach and a list of endowed less active members. It was a powerful meeting and I am excited to go out and see miracles from his faith.

To choose a zone baptismal goal we're having each bishop in the stake pray for a goal for their ward. Elder Rasmussen and I felt very strongly that this needed to be the way the goal was chosen because of our last stake meeting. I am really excited to see what happens!!



So we had something funny.. our car broke down so we had to leave it at the garage!! (This is a picture I took. I don't really know 100% what this statue is for but I liked it so I got a picture..) And walk to our next appointment. Which was fine. It was in the same area.. but then we got to travel to the mission home to pick up our NEW CAR.. (haha.. we got to drive the mission presidents wifes car!! haha)

​ This is me driving.. it.. ;) hehhehe.. Now we have this.. unattractive blue car.. I sure hope we just get our old car back soon!! hahah. SO that's been fun.

We had a miracle. An appointment fell through and we were walking back to our car as this lady crossed the street to meet us! She told us she has been less active since she was 16 (she is now around 37). She wants to raise her 3 kids in the gospel and also her partner wants to be taught! It was amazing. We have seen them 3 times now and they are making great progress. Oh how I pray that they will be able to surround themselves within the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's all I want for them! They are an absolute wonderful family. I love them and I know God loves them so much!!


SURPRISE! Back to Barburrito. mmmmmm... :) Elder Rasmussen loved it. 


This zone is amazing. Miracles. Everyday. Elder Nilsson is spectacular (he's my new district leader)! I am so happy he is in this ward! The sisters in Oldham are great. Sister Tholin(brand new out of the MTC) is just such kind person and we have Sister Dushku who is BACK in Oldham after being gone for almost a year! I know the ward is just going to love them! They will see miracles. WE will do the impossible!! We will live for God! I love this gospel. I love being a missionary. Life is just absolutely wonderful.


Elder Humpherys


​#welcometoldham #ilovethisbeautifulcountry #homefromhome #thegrassreallyisgreener #isthiswhatloveis 




No comments:

Post a Comment