Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Dear Family and Friends,

I sincerely want to apologize for my letter this week. I had a lot of unexpected Christmas e-mails from family and friends. Thank you all so much! You have no idea how much I appreciate them.

All I want to share this week is the words from my favourite primary song.

Stars were gleaming, shepherds dreaming;
And the night was dark and chill.
Angels' story rang with glory;
Shepherds heard it on the hill.
Ah, that singing! Hear it ringing,
Earthward winging, Christmas bringing!
Hearken! We can hear it still!

See the clearness and the nearness
Of the blessed Christmas star,
Leading, guiding; wise men riding
Through the desert dark and far.
Lovely showing, shining, growing,
Onward going, gleaming, glowing 
Leading still, our Christmas star!
The Christmas star was a light that led the wise man to our Saviour. Our Saviour is the light that leads us to our Heavenly Home. I hope we all choose to follow Him this Christmas and by this time next year when we ask ourselves "Am I more Christlike now than I was a year ago?" We can all say yes!
Jesus Christ was born for YOU. ALL OF YOU. Remember that. Ponder what that really means. This is my challenge for you. Share the light of the gospel with your friends and family. WITH EVERYONE!
I love you all.
Elder Humpherys 


 Dinner with President Preston
 




 





These are the bags that Sister Preston and her Sister Jackie made each Christmas for the missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment