Thursday, December 5, 2013

Is that Christmas I hear??

Dear One and All,

So, this week has been amazing! I love love love missionary work! It’s tough but oh so worth it! I have learned so much this week. CHRISTMAS IS COMING! ahhh.. approximately 22 days and 14 hours! Not that I am counting or anything... 

Monday was a normal day except for we got to e-mail.. Our investigator Carl is doing so good! I really think he has a deep desire to change. He is so kind and loves our visits. He is currently battling a challenge that is really hard for him, but we are trying to help him every step of the way! Pray for Carl that he can have the strength to do what is right!

We were able to attend the temple on Wednesday! AHHH! I received more answers in this temple trip than any other before. It was amazing. I loved it so much. I am thankful that we have a temple in our missionar boundaries. We are very lucky. Bishop’s wife took us. She is so sweet and kind. Imagine and angel - that is bishop’s wife.

Thursday we taught a woman named Margaret and it was good. We didn’t actually get to teach her anything but she told us a lot about her life. We were able to introduce the Book of Mormon but she is a talker! She is a wonderful woman and has had some rough patches with the death of her mum. She has such a wonderful family though. Her daughters are both really nice and she has an adorable grand baby! I loved meeting her. Unfortunately we can’t meet with her again until after christmas because she is too busy. But we will bring her a christmas cake or something. I know that she has so much potential and that she will be blessed so much from living the gospel.

This weekend I went on an exchange with Elder Clark again. It was really good. I learned so much. He is such a good missnioary.. He reminds me a lot Zach Skenandore. He is so funny! He is also a really good finder. I learned a lot about just letting your mind go blank. I think way too much when I am finding. I get myself all worked up and then I get stressed because I don’t know what to say. He just doesn’t think about anything and when he see’s someone he goes “Evening sir.. etc” So he just told me to think about a color. Just a color. Then we I get close to someone start thinking. Haha, it sounds weird but it actually does help!

I love my mission. I love every single solitary second that I have here. I love what I am learning. Even though it can be hard I know that it is worth it. I know that my mission is going to be sufficient for the rest of my life as long as I continue to work hard and be obedient. I am learning things know that will help me forever.

My loved ones - Keep going strong. Keep praying. Keep praying with your families. Keep your feet on the delicate and steep path that leads to our heavenly home. Keep fighting for the truth. “Dangers may gather.. WHY SHOULD WE FEAR? Jesus, our leader, ever is near.” We never need to feel alone or unloved in the Lord’s service.. because we never are (Eyering). I love the gospel and I love you all.

Love
Elder Humpherys

No comments:

Post a Comment