Friday, December 13, 2013

HIYA!!

Hiya!

So just for a warning I had some computer difficulties and have had my time cut short by about 20 minutes.. so sorry if I neglect some e-mails. You are only neglected in words.. not love 

So, this week we had an amazing miracle! Whitefield is a wonderful place. It has been a really good week here. I love laboring among these people. Sometimes we find some rejection but I sincerely hope they can feel my love for them.. but more importantly God’s love for them.

Monday was good. We bought companion sweaters! (as show below) Ha ha so much fun. We also taught our investigator Carl who is doing well. He has shown a lot of growth in the past 2 or 3 weeks.

Tuesday was our miracle day! We had a fantastic Zone Meeting with our new zone leader (Elder Walker). He is such a good missionary. I sincerely see these missionaries that I just want to emulate. They make me want to do better.. Anyways, that night we stopped by a potential investigator. Her name is Julie. She was found by some missionaries a few months ago. We saw her name and I felt prompted to give her a ring. She answered and said we could stop by and she sounded super sweet! When we went to teach her we found she had to children who were just as kind as she was! We taught them the restoration and felt the spirit. I loved it.

The rest of the week was good. I really learned a lot about the power of the spirit. Beside our new friend Julie, we haven’t been seeing much fruits of our labors. It has been quite frustrating because I feel like I have been doing everything in my power to be obedient, diligent, patient, loving and faithful to my call as a missionary. I have been learning the principle of “long-suffering.” I was getting quite stressed and was feeling a bit overwhelmed with my responsibility and the outcomes that were happening. I broke down to my Heavenly Father in prayer and literally pleaded for help.. it was amazing because the next morning during my personal study I read a talk from this last conference and a portion of it really stood out to me.

Well, gotta run. Thanks for all you have all done for me. You are always in my prayers and I love you each very much

Elder Humpherys

No comments:

Post a Comment