Monday, September 23, 2013

The Week of Greatness.. Well.. that's everyweek I guess

Dear Family and Friends
Yallright?
People say that aaaaalllll the time. Instead of saying like “What’s up!” or “Hello.” Haha.
Wow this week was a good week for growing. I learned so much this week.
Tuesday was a great day. We had a lesson with a less active member named Joyce. She is so sweet but has been through a lot of trials in her life. We taught her the restoration and when the first vision was recited she said that she felt cold chills run along her arms… and I asked her “What does that mean to you?” and she said “That there is a lot of truth in that.” We went and tried  another less active named Joan but unfortunately she wasn’t in. Sad. After that we had tea at the Phillips’ house. The Phillips are so funny. I loved being there. Then we visited the stake presidents’ family. We had a good time there. They have such a nice house! I loved it.
Wednesday was great! We had a “skills workshop.” The skills workshop just got me fired up! Guess what!?! That night, (Wednesday night) on the bus ride home I sat by this woman that I slightly recognized. We got talking and I realized I met her on my first day! Her name is Nicola. The first time I met her she wasn't too interested in anything so I just gave her a mormon.org card and she walked away. She was polite, but uninterested. When I sat by her on Wednesday night though a miracle happened! We got talking and she finally just came out and asked me "So, what is your purpose for being here? Like, what are you trying to accomplish?" My eyes lit up as the spirit gave me the answer. With a big smile I said "Well, I am here to baptize!" At first her face was a little shocked but I taught her what baptism was and why it was important and she wasn't turned away. She asked me "So, what do you believe?" and so I taught the Restoration to her on the bus. I gave her a Book of Mormon and she said something along the lines of how grateful she was to meet me and receive a free copy of this book and that she would pray and read it! WOW! Such a miracle.
We did service on Saturday and it was… interesting. Ha ha!!  A toilet exploded and it was intense.
I love this work! I gotta get going. Love you all so much!
Love,
Elder Humpherys

No comments:

Post a Comment