Monday, September 23, 2013

A week of Opposition and Joy!

Hellooooo family and friends!
Oh my goodness. So much has happened this week (I think I say that in every e-mail…) I feel like time is just racing forward. It’s amazing how things are working out here though. Right now I am super tired but super happy. “You get the beeeest of both worlds.” Haha.
Monday was really fun. We got some time to relax finally (like 2 whole hours!). I made a case for my mini scriptures out of cereal boxes and tape. It looks AMAZING. I’ll send a picture. There is a picture of the family and Jesus Christ on it. (Oh ya!) After that we had a lesson with the Andersons (they are amazing). It was so good. The stake conference with Elder Ballard has affected the members so much. I LOVE the members here. They are amazing. They give me so much courage. Lately they have been showing real faith in missionary work and have been a huge help to us. I can’t thank them enough for the willingness to open their mouths.
Tuesday we had a zone meeting! It was amazing. I loved it. It was the best zone meeting I have ever been to. Seriously. Elder Webster and Elder Perara are our zone leaders and they are my heroes! They gave us training on cleanliness, companionships, and it was so much fun. We played some games and had a testimony meeting. It was so wonderful. I love the other missionaries so much! I love getting to know them and becoming friends with them. It is seriously like being part of one big mission family!
After zone meetings I went on an exchange with Elder Kay. It went really well. He is such a fantastic finder! It was quite fun. We taught Sister Kyme that evening and she is such a good member missionary! She has given her friend, Jane, a Book of Mormon and set up a time to meet with us so we can teach her!!!!!!!!! Fantastic.
Wednesday we ran into a man named Adam and he almost forced us to give him a Book of Mormon! I will tell you about Sunday and what happened when he came to church..
Thursday we had Tea at the Hewitsons. I love this family so much. They are wonderful. I am so grateful for them.
Friday I had an exchange with Elder Osborn. It was pretty good.
Okay. I am just going to skip to Sunday because it will kind of encompass my feelings for the week.
I love the area but I love the people.. This week the affections of my heart have been turned towards the members especially. I have had some of the best lessons on my mission this week with the members! The stake conference was just what these members needed. It warms my heart to hear them pray for us and to help us find someone for us to teach. I don't want to let them down. They are so kind and loving towards me as an individual. When I enter into their homes I feel like I am part of their families. I can't explain it. They have just out stretched their arms to me and Elder Roberts.. and I love it. I love them so much. I woke up early Sunday morning to find that I have caught a cold! I felt terrible. I had no desire to go to church or even wake up.. My face hurt and my body ached.. So, I prayed to Heavenly Father for help. I was able to get out of bed and get ready and head out to church.. When I got there the ward council greeted me and were happy to see me! It made feel good to know that. Then Bishop came and we had the best ward council EVER! I have never seen so much progress made in a ward council. Problems were being solved, people were willing to help, and the Work of Salvation in Burnley moved forward so much! Then sacrament meeting was incredible! The spirit was so strong. We had a miracle and had an investigator at church!!!! The talks were given about "finding the one lost sheep" and afterwards Adam (our investigator) said "I felt like the lost sheep. I want to be found. I definitely feel something here today." I know he felt the spirit! WOW! Such a miracle!!!!! Then the rest of church was fantastic. We had tea at the Leeds after that and they gave me some stuff for my cold (honey, cough drops and lemsip). I love this family as well. They are so nice and loving.. After the lesson (where the spirit taught us all so much) Brother Leeds gave us a lift to our relief society presidents house. Sister Gregson. When we left her home she thanked us for coming. She said it has been a blessing to have the priesthood in her home! I can't believe it! I am a blessing to someone! So, I guess what I learned is - on those days where you feel like rubbish and where everything seems nearly impossible to overcome, if we are patient and trust in God WE WILL SEE MIRACLES!
Press forward everyone! Good times are always on there way.
Love,
Elder Humpherys
Swan contacting.. heehehe. The swan followed me all the way home! I thought of Becca Herrin for some reason... Swan? Swans are so beautiful and majestic. I think they may be my 2nd favorite animal.

 SWAN!!!!!!!!!!

Bro Burgan giving me a haircut!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment