Thursday, August 22, 2013

Dear family and friends,
Wow! What a week. This has been such a fun and fast week.
On Tuesday I went on an exchange with the Zone leader. Elder Cox came to Burnley and it was so fun! I learned so much from him. He is a fantastic missionary. I loved having the opportunity to learn so much from someone who is so experienced. He is a fantastic finder and talked with everyone. He had such a great attitude as well. We had dinner at a members house. It was really good. We taught her the plan of salvation with emphasis on obedience.
I have learned a lot about obedience this past week. Elder Cox is super obedient and sticks to the rules. I do too. I feel like I try my hardest to be perfectly obedient. I notice the blessings that come from obedience. If you and your companion are obedient than you will be so much more unified and will see many great miracles. I know that to be true. I went on another exchange right afterwards with another Elder. He was pretty lax on the rules. He didn’t start things on time and it made such a huge difference. The spirit wasn’t as strong with us. We weren’t as unified. It was just a huge change. I am so grateful to be serving with E. Peterson because we are so unified. We have become best friends. I feel like I’ve known him my whole life. We are striving to be obedient together. It is marvellous.
We get rejected a lot and that is okay. It’s so sad to see members of the church go less active because of something someone said to them or because the bishop did something they didn’t agree with. The gospel is true and will never change. If we are obedient and have daily scripture study (from the BoM especially) and prayer then everything will be okay. Don’t go less active because of another person. Don’t let anything anyone says to you keep you from receiving the blessings of the sacrament and church attendance.
We had a lesson with an older woman in the ward. She gave us burrito’s with… raisins’ in them… It was smothered with cold mushy pea’s. Mmmm! My favourite!
We got 16 referrals this week! Miracle!? YES! It is amazing. Even if some of the referrals weren’t super solid, it still had a seed planted.
I had tea at the Ross’s on Thursday. Mmmm. I love sister’s Ross’s meals. They are so delicious. She is from Canada and I think that makes a difference in her cooking. I am always so full when I leave her house. Haha.
On Friday we taught a man named Derek. He is one of the most humble people I have ever met. He is so sensitive to the spirit. We taught him the restoration and he said he feels “so peaceful” and the only thing he can compare his feelings to is “sitting on a beach watching the sunset.” Sadly, he didn’t come to church. We had 5 people lined up to go to church and none of them came! I was so bummed.
We taught a young girl named Amber as well. It was a really good lesson.
I can’t believe it is over halfway through August. I feel like I just left yesterday.. but at the same time I feel like I have lived in England my whole life.
I am short on e-mail time because we are hiking a hill today so I gotta go. But, I love you all so much!
Love,
Elder Humpherys 
Pictures from Clitheroe Castle!!! 

And me with sunglasses! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment