Friday, March 21, 2014

I'm Sitting on Top of the World.. Just Singing a Song..

Dear Family and Friends,

Soo many things have happened this week! Woah. It's been so crazy and I have learned so much. 

I have a new companion - Elder Doherty - and he is from England. He is really funny. I enjoy serving with him. We had a crazy experience this week. 

We were walking down the road and we were a bit lost because I couldn't find the map so I used our big map on the wall and memorized where we needed to go. We were wandering around when all of a sudden this man looks out of a telephone box and see's us. He hangs up the phone and walks out and says "Are you those bible people?" We say yes. And he asks for help. He said he was in a load of trouble and has been trying to change his life. He talked to us about his family and how he wants to be a better father for the baby that is on the way.. He walked us back to his home and told us everything! He is so humble and so ready. He said every time he looked at me he could feel the something different. He wanted to be as happy as I was. I promise I did not look that good. I was super tired and I am in need of a hair cut. ha ha. But he could see something different about us. He said he felt butterflies in his stomach and was getting goose pimples whenever we spoke about the gospel. He said he'd do anything to change his life. 

Such a grand experience. And thus it is with the mission.

I just wanted to share a quick scripture. Isiah 1:18-19

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

Repentance is an amazing thing. I know for myself that if we humble ourselves before God and ask for forgiveness for the things we've done wrong we can be freed from guilt and shame. Because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can all be forgiven. The Saviour WANTS to forgive us. I know that we can feel freedom from bondage as we have faith in Jesus Christ and repent.

We had a movie night this week and we watched Ephraim's Rescue! It was wonderful the ward loved it and there were about 30 people there. Which is amazing! I am so happy. Anyways, things are going well. I am happy and alive.

I was able to go to the dedication of the new YSA building in Manchester. It was great. I BREATHED THE SAME AIR AS D. TODD CHRISTOFFERSON. :) He was nice and it was good. We took two of our Hungarian investigators and they loved it.


Anyways. I just love life. Everything is great. I l love my mission and never want to leave!! :( Time flies too fast.

Hope for good things. Trust in the God. Love your fellow men. And believe in Jesus Christ.

Love
 Elder Humpherys


My new Companion ELDER DOHERTY
My name in crazy graffiti English flag styled writing :)

We had a fantastic baptismal service on Saturday and part was a piece by the FTMs where they sang- I am  a child of God. Pictures of rehearsal



The YSA building
 


 

Middleton Missionaries




No comments:

Post a Comment